Since its founding in 2006, Valley Pain Management has helped
many Ohio Valley residents obtain relief from acute and chronic pain.
Interventional Pain Management is the branch of medicine employing an interdisciplinary approach for easing the suffering, and improving the quality of life for those living with pain.
In addition to utililzing potent pain medications, Interventional Pain Management also attempts to control pain and restore function by directly treating painful areas with the use of strategic injections and radio frequency treatmentof the painful area(s).
Components of this unique interdisciplinary approach include:
- Nerve Blocks
- Epidurals(Cervical, Lumbar)
- Facet Injections(Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar)
- Sacroiliac Injections
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Radio Frequency(destroys pain nerves)
- Adhesiolysis(breaking up scar tissue which can push on nerves causing pain)
VALLEY PHYSICAL AND AQUATIC THERAPY
If you feel you may benefit from physical or aquatic therapy or if you already have a prescription for therapy from your doctor, please call 304-905-8604 to start your path to a better quality of life or a return to prior level of function. Terri, our physical therapy aide/receptionist, will assist in the process of setting up your first appointment. VPAT accepts most major insurance plans and will help develop a payment plan for patients with any insurance difficulties. Your first visit will consist of a PT evaluation as well as the development of your personalized plan of care. To help assist the therapist and VPAT staff with the development of your plan of care,please feel free to fill out the following forms and bring them to your first visit:
- Past Medical History
- Authorization and Agreements (Please read and sign, your therapist will discuss this paper with you)
- Please fill out the survey that best applies to the reason you are undergoing therapy:
- Referral Form (If you do not have a prescription for therapy from your doctor, take this form to your doctor and have them fill it out)
After undergoing your physical therapy evaluation, you are ready to start your journey to improved health! Derek, our physical therapist, will tailor your treatment to include the right mix of land-based and aquatic exercises along with manual therapy (e.g., massage, soft tissue mobilization, manipulation, manual stretching) and pain-reducing modalities (e.g., ultrasound, electrical stimulation, heat/ice). A typical physical therapy plan of care is 2-3 days per week for a period of 4 weeks. Your treatment may take less time or last longer depending on the severity of the injury and the consistency of your visits. After completing your plan of care, continue to exercise independently with a membership to Valley Fitness Center.
- VPM and VPAT are proud to announce the opening of Valley Fitness Center. VFC offers members the flexibility and convenience of 24 hour access and three different membership levels. The location and operating hours are ideal for anyone seeking an affordable gym membership that would be excellent for a quick workout on the way to work or on the way home from the office. VFC’s location is perfect for workers making the drive from Wheeling to Moundsville or Moundsville to Wheeling. We offer a wide range of exercise choices including cardio, strength, and core strengthening equipment. The pool and steam room compliment the wide range of options that are sure to keep you committed to wellness. Choose between gold, silver, and bronze membership levels according to your budget and exercise needs. VFC offers generous discounts for 6-month and yearly commitments. Join us for your health and your wallet will thank you. Call 304-905-8604 to start your membership today!